As experts in multi-sports distribution, ZyroFisher provides cycling and outdoor market expertise and improved efficiency within the value chain to benefit our brands, customers, and consumers. This is the philosophy that guides how we do business every day, driven by innovative market strategies and outstanding customer support. The cycling and outdoor markets are bursting with impressive brands and new service developments and ZyroFisher are really fortunate to be right at the centre of this journey.
As the cycling industry continues to boom, this is a very exciting time to be joining ZyroFisher and being part of this growth opportunity is a great way to fast track your career.
Aside from offering a fantastic discount on all the amazing products we distribute, there are lots more benefits to being part of the ZyroFisher team. Because our people really matter to us, we offer our employees lots of rewards and benefits and the list continues to grow, but here we name a few;
• Flexible hybrid working patterns,
• Generous holiday entitlements plus bank holidays,
• Contractual sickness benefit and pension contributions,
• Discounted outdoor wear with partner brands,
• Life milestone gifts (marriage, significant birthday, new baby, etc.),
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay,
• Length of service awards,
• A range of training and development opportunities,
• Cycle to work and staff purchase repayment schemes,
• On-site parking at HQ,
• Casual dress,
• Free tea and coffee,
• Employee assistance programme,
• And every now and again our managers like to treat their teams to lunches out or an array of sweet treats.
The Senior Apparel and Hardgoods Designer will be required to work collaboratively with the Commercial Manager and Development/ QA Manager to develop and grow the product line and will have a leading role in navigating, challenging, and delivering the strategic vision for the brand.
This role represents an exciting opportunity to join us on the next part of our journey. Day to Day, you’ll be responsible for overseeing all Altura and Tortec product design whilst being actively responsible for designing and creating original, innovative luggage and hardgoods.
As a Senior Designer you will be responsible for ensuring that brand philosophy, standards, brand requirements and commercial goals are met in an effective manner across the apparel and equipment ranges.
The job holder is responsible for delivering a strong brand DNA, clear creative direction and ensuring that the product attributes and development plan achieve the brand’s goals both domestically and in international markets.
All relevant tasks should be completed accurately and within the appropriate time scales, to provide the expected levels of service in line with current company systems, policies, and procedures. The duties the job holder will be required to undertake will include but are not limited to:
• Oversee all aspects of research and design in line with the critical path.
• Continually review the Altura product range ensuring it remains relevant to the Altura core customer.
• Complete market analysis and product briefs.
• Present seasonal design concepts to the team.
• Identifying the needs of the brand’s target consumers.
• Use sales data and insights to design commercially relevant ranges.
• Design and innovate products to meet and exceed the product briefs for each season.
• Understand the market consumer level, move forward with innovation and keep connected with trends without losing commerciality value.
• Continually research innovation, technology, graphics and trends for the season.
• Create seasonal storyboards for each category of the Altura range in collaboration with the apparel design team.
• Create colour stories within the seasonal trend forecast and commercial expectation.
• Create and maintain luggage/ hardgoods tech packs for each of the products within the range and work with the Development/ QA Manager to ensure the productivity and commercialisation of the final approved product.
• Liaise directly with each vendor to understand any commercial requirements / fabric MOQs / Trim MOQs and manufacturing issues.
• Work with product testers to ensure each product is fit for the intended purpose.
• Continually work with the Development/ QA Manager to ensure the quality of the products meet the Altura standards.
• As required throughout the annual calendar, the job holder will be required to attend various events, i.e markets visit, focus groups and trade shows.
• Strong collaboration with the rest of the team.
• Ability to inspire others through your own actions and provide mentoring and training where needed.
The candidate will be extremely organised, have the ability to work under pressure and be deadline focussed with a keen eye for detail. You will have a positive attitude and be confident in challenging situations.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience building a product range strategy and implementing it through an actionable plan.
• Experience working as part of a creative team for performance apparel.
• A creative thinker and idea generator with a strong creative eye.
• A passion and strong understanding of sportswear brands with the ability to analyse data and pinpoint trends that will impact the market.
• Must have experience designing across multi products.
• A creative professional with qualifications in Apparel or Product Design.
• A strong commercial understanding and experience range planning.
• Fabric and raw material knowledge.
• Product construction and technical knowledge.
• Ability to take ownership of personal assignments and prioritise workload.
• Proven ability to build strong working relationships with key stakeholders in the business and overseas manufacturers.
• Excellent presentation skills with proven experience of presenting to internal and external stakeholders in a range of situations including face to face, video conference and to audiences at industry events such as trade shows.
• Ability to travel nationally and internationally to visit manufacturers, visit trade shows and conferences.
• Technical skills: Microsoft office, Adobe Creative Suite.
So, if we sound like the company for you and you think you're ready for the challenge of this role, then we can’t wait to hear from you! Please send your C.V and covering letter to email@example.com.
No need for lengthy essays, fireworks or fancy introduction video….simply make it easy for us to read how great you are and why you’d be the perfect fit.
All applications treated with the strictest of confidence. Applications will be held on file for a maximum of 6 months for internal purposes only.
ZyroFisher is an Equal Opportunities Employer.